[chromium-discuss] Accessibility - how to set focus on modal pages
Wils Solutions
2018-10-23 21:45:44 UTC
I am using the following code to get screen readers to announce a modal
page:
tabindex="0" aria-modal="true" role="dialog" title="item details"

It works properly on iphones (iOS) but fail on android (chrome).

I have tried to force the focus to the div using:
document.querySelector...

but it didn't work as well...

So, my question is: How can I set the focus to a specific div and make sure
that the screen reader (talk back) see and read it?

thank you