[chromium-discuss] Get SourceId in user_metrics.cc
Tamas Ionut
2018-10-18 01:46:15 UTC
Hello,

Is it possible to get the SourceId of the current, in-focus tab in the
lower-level MetricsService component?
Specifically, I want to be able to access the SourceId here
<https://cs.chromium.org/chromium/src/components/metrics/metrics_service.cc?g=0&l=557>
.
Some info on the SourceId I'm referring to can be found here
<https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/master/services/metrics/ukm_api.md>
.

Getting

- navigation_handle->GetNavigationId() or
- WebContents
<https://cs.chromium.org/chromium/src/content/public/browser/web_contents.h?type=cs&g=0&l=107>

of the current, in-focus tab would work just as well since there are
utilities to convert to the desired SourceId.

Regards,
Ionut