[chromium-discuss] Should the ids for the BookmarkTreeNodes "Bookmarks bar" and "Other bookmarks" always be constant?
r***@gmail.com
2018-11-08 15:44:23 UTC
Hi guys,

my extension interacts with the bookmarks API and it assumes that the id
for "Bookmarks bar" and "Other bookmarks" will always be 1 and 2
respectively. However a user reported an issue and we discovered that the
Bookmarks file in his profile folder had the id of "Other bookmarks" as
"4656". After creating a new profile the extension worked as expected.

My question is, am I wrong to assume the ids of "Bookmarks bar" and "Other
bookmarks", and if so, under what circumstances would the ids of these
nodes change?

Many thanks,

Rich