[chromium-discuss] Re: [chromium-dev] how can i support win10 native notification?
Finnur Thorarinsson
2018-11-06 10:24:56 UTC
As I recall, the Windows notification center will silently drop
notifications on the floor (and return S_OK) if the environment isn't setup
correctly.

It sounds like you are building Chromium for testing this, so be aware that
there are additional steps needed to properly setup the environment to
support native notifications. For example, the Chrome shortcut has to exist
in the Start menu and have the right CLSID embedded in it (must match what
you are using in code). A COM server registration of that CLSID is also
need -- although I think that's only to support the use case of a
notification coming in when Chrome isn't running. Both of those additional
steps are a requirement of Windows for notifications to fully function.

Good news is: I think you can simply build and run the Chrome installer
once on your machine to set this up correctly and then continue hacking on
Chromium as before. Xi can probably tell you exactly what you need to run
(he's cc-ed).
it's return "S_OK",I found that the toast activator CLSID is
“{635EFA6F-08D6-4EC9-BD14-8A0FDE975159}”but Google Chrome has another
CLSIDS. i don't know where these CLSIDS come from?
or the win10 system restrict these CLSIDS using? it means that we cann't
use this id “{635EFA6F-08D6-4EC9-BD14-8A0FDE975159}” that cause the
notifications cann't shown in the windows message center.
圚 2018幎11月6日星期二 UTC+8䞊午1:40:38Peter Beverloo写道
bcc:chromium-dev
Do you know what status code was returned by the Show() function? It
might be available in the system log too.
Thanks,
Peter
hi all,
as we know,chrome 69 support win10 native notification,I download
chrome 69.0.3497.81 code and build them.
i open the "Enable native notifications". but i cann't find the
notification on the win10 message center on the right corner.
i track the code.no errors. and at last called
"notifier->Show(toast.Get())" function. everything looks like ok,but no
notifications on the win10 native
message center. pls help me.
---
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/chromium-dev/65467b1e-f57d-4d9e-94a3-d8b1e376009a%40chromium.org