[chromium-discuss] Chromium on Raspbian to PiTFT Frame Buffer Direct
Tony Pitman
2018-10-17 13:47:56 UTC
I was wondering if there is a version of the chromium browser that works on
Raspbian on the Raspberry Pi that can work directly with the linux frame
buffer provided by the PiTFT drivers.

I currently have a Adafruit PiTFT 3.5 board connected to my Raspberry Pi
device booting into desktop mode. I then run Chromium in Kiosk mode. This
is a waste having to boot all the way into the desktop gui and was hoping I
could save some boot time and memory by running it in console mode and just
having it output directly to the frame buffer TFT that is provided in
console mode for the PiTFT.

Has this been done? Is it possible? Tips?