Changing User Data folder to a custom location
Kerem Özer
2014-05-22 13:09:47 UTC

I want to change my User Data folder as topic says. I already used flag on
chrome shortcut but when i try to open a link sent from a chat platform,
another chrome window opens as default browser and ıt recreates the data
folder that i removed.
So i thought i need to change registry, even adding flag on the registry
file changed nothing.

Here's what i changed;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Classes/ChromeHTML/shell/open/command
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
--disk-cache-dir="E:\Chrome" --disk-cache-size=1 --media-cache-size=1
--user-data-dir="E:\Chrome" -- "%1"

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/ChromeHTML/shell/open/command
I've also tried to add --disk-cache-dir="E:\Chrome" --disk-cache-size=1
--media-cache-size=1 --user-data-dir="E:\Chrome" flag to (default) registry
file but after i restart pc it reverted back to orginal file.

Again, i want to change user data folder to my specified location but i
dont want to use shortcut for it since it's not working while i try to open
a link from any chat platform.

I'll be needing your guidance.
Andrew Yameee
2014-09-01 10:40:50 UTC
I'm sorry to bring up an old topic but did you manage to work this out? I
think I'll try some trickery with symlinks in case of no other solution.
dmt
2018-11-22 03:04:57 UTC
no anwser?

圚 2014幎9月1日星期䞀 UTC+8䞋午6:40:51Andrew Yameee写道
Andrew Yameee