[chromium-discuss] Failed to create DexClassLoader
Deki
2018-10-24 14:50:44 UTC
Hi guys

I am trying trying to "wrap" the current chromium with the MDX Toolkit of
Citrix for XenMobile EMM (Release ChromePublic_72.0.3590.0).
We can wrap the App but after starting on the Android device the app
crashes.

As per the adb Logs, we se that Android OS chraches the app as it fails to
create DexClassLoader:

E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main

Process:
org.chromium.chrome:sandboxed_process0, PID: 1759

java.lang.RuntimeException:
Unable to instantiate application
com.citrix.MAM.Android.ManagedApp.CtxProxyApp: java.lang.RuntimeException:
Failed to create DexClassLoader

at
android.app.LoadedApk.makeApplication(LoadedApk.java:977)

at
android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:6030)

at
android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap1(Unknown Source:0)

at
android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1764)

at
android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:105)

at
android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164)

at
android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6938)

at
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

at
com.android.internal.os.Zygote$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Zygote.java:327)

at
com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1374)

May I ask if the app has been build using gradle 4.4?
If so, is it possible to use for dexer google the D8 (
*https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2017/08/next-generation-dex-compiler-now-in.html*
<https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2017/08/next-generation-dex-compiler-now-in.html>
)?

Thanks in adanvce!

Cheers,
Deki
Torne (Richard Coles)
2018-10-25 15:48:14 UTC
We don't use gradle to build, and I don't think we currently support D8,
though we have been looking at migrating. However, I don't think this error
is anything to do with how the APK is built: probably the wrapping tool you
are using isn't able to do the right thing for Android isolated processes
(which aren't a commonly used platform feature), and you'll need to look
into how the classloader is being created here and whether the parameters
are right.