[chromium-discuss] How to make Google Smart Lock use the right username / email when there is an active input field above a hidden username input field?
Juny 711
2018-09-06 19:28:09 UTC
Consider this situation where I have a verification code input above my
hidden username / email input field. Smart lock will use the verification
code as username instead of my hidden email field.
It works fine when there is not an active input field above / before the
hidden username field.

Using a hidden username input field is documented here on a Chromium design
document
<https://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/form-styles-that-chromium-understands>
.

#email {
display: none;
}
<form>
<label>Verification Code</label>
<input type='text' />
<input type='email' autocomplete='username' id='email' />
<label>Password</label>
<input type='password' autocomplete='new-password' />
<input type="submit" value="Verify">
</form>
PhistucK

Juny 711
David Ford
Juny 711
2018-09-21 09:16:19 UTC
Thanks.
Yea, That seems to work. I have tested it on a CodePen
<https://codepen.io/jun711/pen/jvJMjM> and wrote an article
<https://www.language-diary.com/2018/09/hint-browsers-username-password-input.html>
about it
David Ford