[chromium-discuss] Chromium copyright rules to publish new changes
gani syed
2018-09-27 00:45:11 UTC
I want to make changes to chromium source code and publish changes by
forking my own version. To do so, what are the exact copyright rules that I
should be aware of? I will be glad if I could get the
information/documentation from authentic sources. (I have already googled
on this. But what I could find is lot of information which is making me
even more confused. So I am looking for precise rules). Thanks in advance.
PhistucK
2018-09-27 06:32:03 UTC
I think https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromium_(web_browser)#Licensing is a
good summary of the situation.
If you go to chrome://credits/ in Chrome/Chromium, all of the relevant
licenses should show up.

Note that this is not a legal forum, so advise regarding such legal matters
are pretty much off topic.

☆*PhistucK*
Post by gani syed
I want to make changes to chromium source code and publish changes by
forking my own version. To do so, what are the exact copyright rules that I
should be aware of? I will be glad if I could get the
information/documentation from authentic sources. (I have already googled
on this. But what I could find is lot of information which is making me
even more confused. So I am looking for precise rules). Thanks in advance.
---