[chromium-discuss] [Canary] sign into chrome vs sign itno google account
Wolf War
2018-11-19 10:39:24 UTC
I'm having problems with Canary (for long time now) to keep browser signed
in for sync and not signed into Google account (mail, etc)

I've tried flag *Identity consistency between browser and cookie jar*, but
it does nothing
Every time I log out from my eg. mail, my Canary sync is paused

If I switch that toggle in settings, *Allow Chrome sign in*, then I can't
sign in my Canary (for sync)

In Chrome stable, everything works fine
flag is at default, and toggle in settings is on

But that scenario doesn't work in Canary
can someone pls explain what to do?
PhistucK
2018-11-19 12:53:40 UTC
Sounds like a regression bug.
You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot
find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment.
It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails
to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get
triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

☆*PhistucK*
Post by Wolf War
I'm having problems with Canary (for long time now) to keep browser signed
in for sync and not signed into Google account (mail, etc)
I've tried flag *Identity consistency between browser and cookie jar*,
but it does nothing
Every time I log out from my eg. mail, my Canary sync is paused
If I switch that toggle in settings, *Allow Chrome sign in*, then I can't
sign in my Canary (for sync)
In Chrome stable, everything works fine
flag is at default, and toggle in settings is on
But that scenario doesn't work in Canary
can someone pls explain what to do?
---
Wolf War
2018-11-25 13:29:18 UTC
Hi PhistucK

Am I the only one affected by this?
I'm sure you have canary installed. Do you experiencing this too?
PhistucK