[chromium-discuss] Building with multiple versions of Visual Studio installed?
k***@gmail.com
2018-10-20 20:46:18 UTC

I have Visual Studio 2015 and Visual Studio 2017 15.7.2 (as described in
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/master/docs/windows_build_instructions.md#visual-studio
) installed on my machine, but my build is failing with:

Exception: Visual Studio version 2015 (from GYP_MSVS_VERSION) not
supported. Supported versions are: 2017
Error: Command
'c:\\repos\\depot_tools\\win_tools-2_7_6_bin\\python\\bin\\python.exe
pdfium/tools/clang/scripts/update.py' returned non-zero exit status 1 in
c:\repos\repo1

Is there any workaround to let compiler pick the right Visual Studio
version?

Thank you,
Gilberto
2018-10-21 20:07:52 UTC
I think I found a solution, setting the following environment variable
seems to work:

set GYP_MSVS_VERSION=2017

Thanks.
Hi,