[chromium-discuss] disable autologin for sync?
Hemna
2018-09-24 19:38:16 UTC
Hello,
I just came across this article today that says that chrome is
autologging the browser in for users that login to a google property.
Since chromium is an OSS project, can we completely disable this kind of
nonsense? Is this browser behavior also in
chromium 69 and up?

https://www.zdnet.com/article/google-secretly-logs-users-into-chrome-whenever-they-log-into-a-google-site/
PhistucK
2018-09-25 04:41:36 UTC
By default, Chromium does not come with Google API keys, so this feature
does not work.
If you do apply Google API keys to your instance of Chromium (either at
build-time or at runtime using environmental variables), I believe it will
do the same thing.
I also think this is a controversial Chrome feature.

☆*PhistucK*
Post by Hemna
Hello,
I just came across this article today that says that chrome is
autologging the browser in for users that login to a google property.
Since chromium is an OSS project, can we completely disable this kind of
nonsense? Is this browser behavior also in
chromium 69 and up?
https://www.zdnet.com/article/google-secretly-logs-users-into-chrome-whenever-they-log-into-a-google-site/
---