[chromium-discuss] Chrome v. 70. Touch problems with Surface
Ddi Mech Warrior
2018-11-19 15:52:45 UTC
Hello:

The 70.x upgrade, needs to check a flag into Chrome config becouse Surface
devices doesn't work like a tablet now. With previous versions, when a
simple javascript source code detects touchstart event, Surface works fine
without any configuration, but now, with this release (70.x), this type of
events fails.
Why?
We need to launch chrome with diferents profiles and this is a problem for
us.

Is it possible to launch chrome with a flag for this topic?

Thanks.
Dave Tapuska
2018-11-20 14:12:27 UTC
Sounds like:
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/blink-dev/KV6kqDJpYiE

I think you should be able to just bind your touch event listeners in your
javascript. There is no need for feature detection anymore.

dave.
Ddi Mech Warrior