[chromium-discuss] How can I click the button on a Open Java(TM) Web Launcher popup with automation
Andrew Kaehler
2018-07-13 13:10:02 UTC
I am doing automation testing with a web app designed by my company, we
have created an automation framework with java, selenium and maven. When I
run a test and it opens the chrome browser I get the popup in the uploaded
picture. I've searched and searched for a way to reference this popup and
can find nothing.

I've tried using driver.switchTo().alert() - with and without .accept();
And I've tried looking for the object in the html.
- the only thing I've found is an embed element with type="
application/x-java-applet;version=null"
- it also has a launchjnlp attribute and a docbase attribute

here are the capabilities within the framework for chrome
Capabilities {acceptInsecureCerts: false, acceptSslCerts: false,
applicationCacheEnabled: false, browserConnectionEnabled: false,
browserName: chrome, chrome: {chromedriverVersion: 2.37.544315
(***sensitive info***)}, cssSelectorsEnabled: true, databaseEnabled: false,
handlesAlerts: true, hasTouchScreen: false, javascriptEnabled: true,
locationContextEnabled: true, mobileEmulationEnabled: false, nativeEvents:
true, networkConnectionEnabled: false, pageLoadStrategy: normal, platform:
XP, platformName: XP, rotatable: false, setWindowRect: true,
takesHeapSnapshot: true, takesScreenshot: true, unexpectedAlertBehaviour: ,
unhandledPromptBehavior: , version: 67.0.3396.99, webStorageEnabled: true}

All I need to do is click the Open Java(TM) Web Launcher button to make the
test run.
2018-10-08 22:37:30 UTC
I also have this problem.

Our automated test scripts cannot find the "Open Java Web Launcher". We
understand that checking the box would prevent further displays of the
message. Doing so, writes an entry into the user chrome 'preferences'
file. BUT... when you clear cache (everything for all time), the
'preferences' option gets wiped out and our test is presented with the same
dialog box.

The ask: Either make the 'preference' file change stick or provide an
option in clearing cache that we could uncheck to make it stick.

This is BLOCKING our automated test scripts.

Thanks,
---jay