[chromium-discuss] Chrome - Press & Hold Right Click
Chris Austin
2017-08-15 13:59:31 UTC
I have a Panasonic fz-g1 table running windows 7 and chrome. The tablet it
responsible for running a user interface for a machine. Some buttons on
the UI require the user to hold the button anywhere from 2 - 20 seconds.
Upon release of the momentary button, the right click menu pops up and
blocks half of the screen. I have all windows settings set to disable a
press and hold right click, in fact if you press and hold anywhere in
windows there is not right click menu popping up, just within chrome! How
can I disable this? Thanks.
PhistucK
2017-08-15 16:41:26 UTC
Sounds like Chrome is disregarding operating system level setting.

As a workaround, you can create (or find) an extension that simply calls
preventDefault() when the contextmenu event fires.

For a long term solution, you can search crbug.com for an existing issue
and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue"
link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment.
It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails
to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get
triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

☆*PhistucK*
Post by Chris Austin
I have a Panasonic fz-g1 table running windows 7 and chrome. The tablet
it responsible for running a user interface for a machine. Some buttons on
the UI require the user to hold the button anywhere from 2 - 20 seconds.
Upon release of the momentary button, the right click menu pops up and
blocks half of the screen. I have all windows settings set to disable a
press and hold right click, in fact if you press and hold anywhere in
windows there is not right click menu popping up, just within chrome! How
can I disable this? Thanks.
---
Stuart Barber
2018-10-17 08:42:10 UTC
Hi Chris,

Did you ever get a response to this as I have the same issue, with the
right click function still be operational in Chrome even when deactivated?