[chromium-discuss] applicationCache size limited to 5MB?
Davide Stefanini (Namirial)
2018-09-27 15:30:03 UTC
I noticed in Chrome Canary that applicationCache size has been reduced to
5MB per app, but cannot find any trace for this change in the changelogs,
is this intended or just a bug?

Also the window.applicationCache object is not available if no manifest is
specified, while before it was always accessible.

I need to know if this will be the future behavior for the stable release
because we have several apps using applicationCache bigger than 5MB, thanks.
Torne (Richard Coles)
2018-09-28 19:24:08 UTC
Application cache is deprecated:
https://www.chromestatus.com/features/6192449487634432

J Decker
2018-09-28 20:54:02 UTC
Post by Torne (Richard Coles)
https://www.chromestatus.com/features/6192449487634432
in favor of what? IndexedDB ?
Post by Torne (Richard Coles)
On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 at 13:31 Davide Stefanini (Namirial) <
Post by Davide Stefanini (Namirial)
I noticed in Chrome Canary that applicationCache size has been reduced to
5MB per app, but cannot find any trace for this change in the changelogs,
is this intended or just a bug?
Also the window.applicationCache object is not available if no manifest
is specified, while before it was always accessible.
I need to know if this will be the future behavior for the stable release
because we have several apps using applicationCache bigger than 5MB, thanks.
---
PhistucK

Davide Stefanini (Namirial)
2018-10-01 07:06:20 UTC
Yeah, I know, but it's still supported and I'd like to know if something
changes in the way it is working.

We already planned to switch to service workers, but it's not painless and
I need to know if we should hurrry up.