[chromium-discuss] Google login failed
Mark C
2018-12-05 08:07:22 UTC
I've recently started using Chromium on Debian Linux. It's all going fine
except for one thing. I use viewranger signing in with my Google
credentials ("login with Google" on the viewranger website) except that in
Chromium it always says Google login failed. I can still login fine with my
old browser (Seamonkey) so the credentials are fine. Any suggestions?
PhistucK

Mark C
PhistucK
2018-12-05 10:41:20 UTC
It is either a server side issue (sounds more likely to me), or a Chromium
distribution issue, or a Chromium issue.

You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot
find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment.
It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails
to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get
triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

☆*PhistucK*
Mark C
2018-12-05 17:15:13 UTC
Thank you. I've been in touch with Viewranger and the problem seemed to be
that "Block third party cookies" was enabled in Chromium settings. Turning
that off appears to have resolved the issue.