[chromium-discuss] Help needed in following up on reported chromium crash
Motti Lanzkron
2018-11-12 13:09:49 UTC
I opened a bug report on Chromium on July (regarding a browser crash) and
it was marked as duplicate but I don't have permissions to view the bug it
was marked as duplicate of. Does anyone know how I can see the status of
the other bug?

The issue I opened is:
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=868703
It was marked as a duplicate
of: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=680342

Thanks, Motti.
Ken Russell
2018-11-13 02:10:18 UTC
It looks like all of the crashes being generated on your system have no
files to process on Chrome's server side; not sure whether that's because
the minidump isn't being uploaded properly, or similar. Any help you can
provide to get us a symbolizable minidump so we can track down the problem
would be helpful.
Ken Russell
2018-11-13 19:40:56 UTC
I'm unfortunately not sure. CC'ing chromium-discuss@ again in case anybody
else has ideas.
Thanks Ken!
I will try to collect new crash reports, do you have any tips on what I
should do differently in order to successfully collect the dumps?
Thanks again, Motti.
Dave Tapuska
2018-11-13 19:53:19 UTC
Does your chrome inside your container actually generate crash reports
correctly? ie; can you do a forced crash from going to "chrome :// crash"
(remove the spaces, I added them to prevent people from just clicking on a
URI in email and generating a bunch of reports) ? Once you provide the
server crash id we can see if there is a report with a minidump. If not
then the crashpad team would need to first fix why minidumps aren't
available inside your setup.

dave.
Motti Lanzkron
2018-11-14 09:51:06 UTC
Typing the crash URL causes the "Aw, Snap" page, I've updated the defect
(which has since be un-duped) with crash report 77d755a68318cd9f.
Is there anything I can do the check if the minidumps are OK?
Post by Motti Lanzkron
I opened a bug report on Chromium on July (regarding a browser crash)
and it was marked as duplicate but I don't have permissions to view the bug
it was marked as duplicate of. Does anyone know how I can see the status of
the other bug?
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=868703
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=680342
Thanks, Motti.
<javascript:>
Dave Tapuska
2018-11-14 15:03:46 UTC
The crash report doesn't have a minidump so it appears there is a problem
with the collection of a minidump in your environment.

Adding crashpad-dev for additional comment.

dave.
Mark Mentovai
2018-11-14 15:20:19 UTC
The bug report <https://crbug.com/868703> is OS-Linux, and Linuces are
still on Breakpad. We’ll be transitioning them to Crashpad shortly, so the
best advice I can offer is to sit tight. All of these “Breakpad didn’t
collect” bugs should be obsoleted once we make the move.
Motti Lanzkron
PhistucK
2018-11-14 16:27:13 UTC
By the way, that URL will not be linked and even if it is linked, Chrome
will not navigate to chrome:// URLs from non chrome:// origins, regardless
of user gestures (selecting it and right clicking on it and selecting "Go
to chrome..." will, though).
Also, if I remember correctly, it should not generate a report, too.

☆*PhistucK*
Post by Motti Lanzkron
I opened a bug report on Chromium on July (regarding a browser crash)
and it was marked as duplicate but I don't have permissions to view the bug
it was marked as duplicate of. Does anyone know how I can see the status of
the other bug?
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=868703
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=680342
Thanks, Motti.